Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Final Reflections on GA 221

Written by Eva

            Today, just 3 days after the close of GA 221, it almost doesn’t seem real. The decisions made there were decisions based upon what many believed, right or wrong, was God’s guidance. There was joy, anger, disappointment, discouragement, and even fear, knowing how all that was done would affect the body of believers that is PCUSA.

            Romans 8:28 states, “and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Both individuals (myself included) and churches will have to devote themselves to prayer and study of the Word in the weeks to come to determine what type of action aligns with God’s “purpose”.

            I DID expect to see Jesus at GA in the actions and words of those who were present. In that I was not disappointed. A final glimpse of him, for me, was near the end of the assembly. That glimpse came in the form of a young girl who thanked me in my first language, German, for making a very difficult statement at the microphone on the floor of the General Assembly. 

            Where will we go from here? I don’t know. I do know, however,  that God is in charge, and that our Lord and Savior is with us in these days following GA 221. May the decisions we make as individuals and churches not be made hastily, and may we take the time to prayerfully search his Word for guidance and direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment