Sunday, June 15, 2014

Reflection

Written by Josh McElhaney

To reflect on my time so far at the General Assembly I could use two words and that would be controversial and difficult. The one thing I was excited to experience was the different opinions I would hear but some of them have been so radical views on some issues that will have a huge impact on our church and this could be extremely negative. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and that is the best thing about our country; however, these could be a death sentence for our church.

Last night we selected a moderator. None of the candidates truly stood out to me in the fact that they had many of the same views on the hot-topic issues. And in this vote we experienced the extreme negative impacts of technology and the more frustrating side of it.

Our theme for this blog and this week is where we find Jesus and I think, looking at it early on, the place I most find Jesus is the impact that the YAADs advice and vote has on the commissioners vote and selection. The YAADs choice for moderator was the overwhelming selection by the commissioners.

I am extremely excited to see what the rest of this week will bring and I have been very blessed to be given this opportunity and to work with 4 extraordinary people from the Beaver-Butler Presbytery.

No comments:

Post a Comment